1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ate more diverse foods … including fish!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, did you make new one for this year?
I don’t do New Year’s resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes – Judith. Welcome Casper!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes – John. Devastating.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A true partner
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Holding it together, keeping calm and carrying on amid very tough times. Letting people help me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t like that word.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, busted my knee and hurt my back playing soccer. Had stitches from multiple mole removals.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
14. Compared to this time last year, are:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
a) Sadder (dealing with my Dad’s accelerating cancer)
b) Fatter (I don’t weigh myself … but I’m not in fighting shape at the moment. More of Col to love …)
c) Poorer (inflation)
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Giving time and energy to toxic people and situations.
17. Did you fall in love in 2008?
18. What was your favorite TV program?
The Wire, Mad Men, Damages, 30 Rock
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I’m still a lover, not a hater. But I’ve definitely let some toxic people go.
20. What was the best book you read?
A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose — Eckhart Tolle
21. What did you want and get?
22. What did you want and not get?
See item 6, and a dog.
23. What was your favorite film of this year?
24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked, had dinner with Linda. Didn’t throw a big party this year. I was 33.
25. How you would describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Long and loose.
26. What kept you sane?
Friends, exercise, shrink, medication ─ in that order.
27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
28. Who was the best new person you met?
I got closer with a lot of pals and peeps who were more on the periphery the year before.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Family is everything.
30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.
Let it be, let it be …..